Добавить новость
ru24.net
News in English
Июль
2022

First monkeypox death confirmed in Europe as cases continue to rise across the world

0

EUROPE’S first monkeypox fatality has been confirmed tonight.

A patient has died of the highly-infectious virus in Spain.

Reuters
Europe’s first monkeypox fatality has been confirmed. The victim died in Spain, which has been particularly badly-hit by the disease[/caption]

Health chiefs confirmed the tragedy today it revealed 4,298 cases have so far been reported in Spain.

No further details are known about the person who died.

The vast majority of those diagnosed with the disease in the country have been men. Just 64 female patients have been treated.

Spain has been particularly badly-hit by the disease.

Read more on monkeypox

VIRAL LOAD

Major monkeypox update as cases rise & scientists identify new painful symptoms

'SAFE CHOICES'

Men at risk of monkeypox should 'reduce sexual partners,' WHO chief advises

The earliest cases, recorded in May, were linked to a gay sauna in Madrid and a Pride festival in Gran Canaria.

Last week, the World Health Organisation declared monkeypox a global health emergency.

That means it now views the current outbreak as enough of a significant threat that a coordinated international response is needed.

The WHO announcement came after the virus spread to more than 75 countries.

The organisation’s Director General Dr Tedros Adhanmon Ghebreyesus said the risk of people catching the virus in Europe was “high”.

Traditionally, people with monkeypox have developed a fever, swollen lymph nodes, headaches and muscle aches.

These symptoms are followed by a rash that starts on their face or mouth and then spreads to other parts of their body – particularly the hands and feet.

However, in some recent cases, patients first experienced a rash in the mouth or around the genitals or anus.

Cases are rising in the UK, with 2,469 confirmed infections up to July 28.

Medics have also recorded 77 “highly probable” infections, bringing the total to 2,546.

London is still being hit hard by the outbreak and has 1,778 of the infections – up from 1,699 earlier this week.

Worldwide, more than 19,000 cases have been confirmed.

The majority of cases, about 98 percent, have been among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men, the WHO said.

Read More on The Sun

SPACE SAVER

Genius £2 item that saves space in your hand luggage

HAIR-RENDOUS

I wanted to save £1.6K by doing my hair extensions at home... it was a fail

However, medics recently delivered the baby of a mum suffering with the virus. There were no complications.

Ghebreyesus has urged people to temporarily cut the number of sexual contacts they have.




Moscow.media
Частные объявления сегодня





Rss.plus
















Музыкальные новости




























Спорт в России и мире

Новости спорта


Новости тенниса