LI custodian accused of threatening school district after not getting promotion: SCPD
NEW YORK (PIX11) – A Long Island custodian is accused of making threats of mass harm against a school district after he didn't receive a promotion, according to the Suffolk County Police Department.
Police said 57-year-old Jimmy Martin applied for a promotion with the Cold Spring Harbor School District last week. When he didn't get promoted, he allegedly made the threats while speaking with co-workers on Dec. 8 and Dec. 11, according to authorities.
A school official was informed of the threats on Wednesday, police said.
Martin was arrested at his Huntington home and was charged with making a threat of mass harm, according to authorities. He's scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday.
Erin Pflaumer is a digital content producer from Long Island who has covered both local and national news since 2018. She joined PIX11 in 2023. See more of her work here.
